Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - HC Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wood pellet cost

Default Wood pellet cost

Anyone shopping for wood pellets? Have you noticed the price is up? I like Lignetics pellets but I am not paying 295.00 bucks for a ton or 7.98 for a bag. I was chatting with the manager of the store and told him I would never pay that much for wood pellets. He would not give a discount. I noticed that HD and lowes there prices are up a little. I also like Logik-e Wood Pellets but at dodge grain in Salem N.H. they are selling for 297.50 per ton. No way I will pay that? So what do you like for wood pellets? How much would you pay for wood pellets?

I have been burning Vermont pellets for the last 3/4 years...8800 btu.......low ash and I don't pay any way near that price, I get them in May/June at sale price and have 4 or 5 ton delivered....Home and Hearth in Hampton Falls NH.....I just replaced my Pioneer with the enamel brown XXV Harmon.....its a beauty....the cold will be here before we know it.....

Quote Originally Posted by kevin in nh View Post
    I have been burning Vermont pellets for the last 3/4 years...8800 btu.......low ash and I don't pay any way near that price, I get them in May/June at sale price and have 4 or 5 ton delivered....Home and Hearth in Hampton Falls NH.....I just replaced my Pioneer with the enamel brown XXV Harmon.....its a beauty....the cold will be here before we know it.....
    I'll 2nd this one. I've been experimenting for years now, and these are the best I've used - and the pricing is competitive. Not the cheapest, but close. I think I paid $245/ton last year, but I picked them up myself, not a delivery price.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin in nh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    I'll 2nd this one. I've been experimenting for years now, and these are the best I've used - and the pricing is competitive. Not the cheapest, but close. I think I paid $245/ton last year, but I picked them up myself, not a delivery price.
    Guys, we are buying a house and we are considering changing one of the wood stoves in it to a pellet stove. How long does a ton of pellets last you? What is a ton of pellets equal to in cord wood?
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

I've been using New England premium wood pellets for a few years now. We paid $230 a ton delivered. Bought in April, they delivered in July. We burn 3 ton a season. Our Harmon goes through a bag a day

Quote Originally Posted by Escout711 View Post
    Guys, we are buying a house and we are considering changing one of the wood stoves in it to a pellet stove. How long does a ton of pellets last you? What is a ton of pellets equal to in cord wood?
    There are a ton of variables, which I guess is obvious. As a reference, I have a raised ranch, well insulated and built in 1992. I consistently use 1.25-1.5 tons/yr to keep 900sq/ft at 70 degrees all winter. (it is self lighting and regulated by a thermostat)

I've never burned wood in this specific house, so I can't give you a scientific equivalent. But I did cut and split 20cord/yr for my entire life before this to heat my parents and grandparents house, so I have a solid experience with it. I'd guess I would probably a cord or two to heat this house - however, the benefit is not that you use less fuel - the benefits are that you eliminate the wild temp swings with a woodstove, along with the smoke a mess in the house. I can dump 50lbs of pellents in my stove, leave for the weekend, and set the thermo low for heat all weekend.

wood will almost always be more economical (if you do some cutting and splitting) and it isn't affected during power outages. pellet stoves are very clean easy and efficient, but cost more to buy and operate, and need a generator during power outages.

I also have been burning new England's for years. Green Supreme is also made by New England pellet and have the same burn stats as New England's. last year I got them at lowes for 188/ton but this year they didn't have them. I got them at tractor supply for 235 a ton.

If you get them early like I do they are cheaper, this year $219. per Ton for the good pellets 1% ash at Home depot the bags that say ash low from Lows will be cheaper $197. The difference that I can see is the better quality pellet you get will burn cleaner and longer .
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge. It’s a tool, like a butcher’s knife, or a harpoon, or an alligator.” - Homer Simpson

the cheapies always burned real well for me, I just had to clean my stove every single day.

Burned about 21 tons over the years. Not a pellet burner now, but the Cubex pellets from Canada were the best money could buy when I burned and I tried them all. Clean and hot. My Quadrafire would go for a week without cleaning or touching it. Good stuff.