Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - HC Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TC system 1 in line

Default TC system 1 in line

Hey folks, have an opportunity to pick up a TC System 1 In-Line Muzzleloader. Stainless steel, Synthetic Stock, 54 Cal. - has been upgraded to a 209 primer ignition system. Stainless Scope mounts included and comes with an after market williams peep for less than $125.

What do you guys think?

TC systems 1 in line is an older inline muzzle loader. Muzzyloaders have come a long way since then. I think the price of $125.00 is an OK price but I think you could do a lot better. If you are just now getting into Muzzle loaders I personaly think you should get into a more up to date gun. I personaly only buy T.C. although CVA has come a long way in the past 5 or 6 years. Look into the T.C Impact. Dicks has them on their Web site for $199.00 this is a great start up and long term gun. I am going to buy one myself for a back up to my Omega. Good luck with your choice and if I can give you any futher help let me know.
    The 2 greatest presidents in my lifetime Ronald Regan and Charlton Heston

NH Hunter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mainewoods View Post
    Hey folks, have an opportunity to pick up a TC System 1 In-Line Muzzleloader. Stainless steel, Synthetic Stock, 54 Cal. - has been upgraded to a 209 primer ignition system. Stainless Scope mounts included and comes with an after market williams peep for less than $125.

What do you guys think?
    For that kind of coin how can you go wrong. If nothing else it puts you that much closer to Jermamiah Johnson status with a 54 cal.

Yeah, definitely outdated for sure and I've got a knight right now in .50 cal. It's a guy I know and I'm buying 2 dozen decoys off him for $85, but he's also selling the muzzy for $150 but will give me a package deal of $200

Another thing to consider is that the majority of projectiles on the market are for 50 cal. The 54's are more popular for patched round ball.
    Fly and light tackle fishing with Captain Steve Burnett....
    www.fishwatchhill.com

That looks identical to the Black Diamond I had back in the day. Great gun between the hands, but a bit of a nightmare to clean, compared to the guns out there nowadays.... I'd save a few more dollars and look for an Omega based solely on the cleaning issues....

The Black Diamond doesn't have a breech plug, just a nipple right ? My buddy has one for a back up. He had an accidental discharge with it, took the saftey off and it fired. He sent it back to T/C and they replaced the trigger with a Timney. Aside from the cleaning issue it's a pretty handy, light rifle & good shooter.
    Fly and light tackle fishing with Captain Steve Burnett....
    www.fishwatchhill.com

They have a breech plug,I think, it's just difficult to access, it takes a long tool. I have one, I'll have to take a look.

Flat tell me a little more about that accidental discharge. The guy I gave mine to was hunting last year and always kept the hammer block down and aginst the nipple. One morning he was getting ready to pull the hammer block back and it discharged. I had not heard of this problem before so I just thought it must had been something he did. Now that you tell me this though it sounds fishy.
    The 2 greatest presidents in my lifetime Ronald Regan and Charlton Heston

I own two Black Diamonds. One is a stainless model that I bought and the other is blued steel that came in package. That was won at a club raffle.

The Black Diamond model inline has a removable breech but you must unscrew the cap at the end of the action, remove the mainspring and striker bolt. It takes less than five minutes.

One thing I noticed about the Black Diamond is that when it gets dirty you must clean the action area thoroughly. I had the striker bolt delay in firing and slip one time. After fifteen shots, I had to clean it out.

The System One was TC's entry into the inline field with interchangeable barrels. In a way I like that system better because you can take the barrel off and you have the removable breech plug exposed without having to take the striker bolt assembly apart. Aslo I see System One barrels for sale now and then. The System One was designed to have interchangeable barrels like their Contender-Encore line except without the break open action. They made barrels in .32,.45,50.54 and 12 guage. I want to say I recall seeing a .58 barrel but I may be wrong.

I'd grab it myself. If you can find a 12 guage barrel you have a fine turkey gun.