Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - HC Window Decals

Thread: Rabbit Hunting

Default Rabbit Hunting

Does anyone know a good area to go hunting for rabbits in NY. People been telling me the Adirondack mountains but is there any area specific? Any help would be appreciated Thank you

Default Rabbits

If you want to hunt White rabbits(hares), the adirondacks is the place to go. Good hare hunting can be found from Old Forge to Blue Mt Lake and taking in Moose River Plains. For cottontails go farther south. Hope this helps.

I have a camp in Old Forge, and I can atest to the amount of jumpers around; especially along 28 going to Blue Mtn. Moose river has plenty of good cover and wet/frozen areas. access might be hard this time of year unless on sled.

by the way; the camps for sale right off South Shore Rd. between Old Forge and Inlet. pm for more details if interested. plowed out now to be shown and easy access to trails
    Wildlife Damage Control Services
    licensed and insured nuisance wildlife control operator
    York, Maine

Is Your camp on 7th lake? Or more towards 4th lake? That's a great area anywhere along the Rt 28 corridor.

Quote Originally Posted by catskill adventures1 View Post
    Is Your camp on 7th lake? Or more towards 4th lake? That's a great area anywhere along the Rt 28 corridor.
    it's actually on 3rd lake, right near 3rd lake creek and the outlet into 4th.
    York, Maine

So, you're camp is closer to Old Forge than Inlet?

it's just about 1/2 way. no noticeable difference to get either way. honestly we run to inlet more often to avoid the crowds in O.F.
    figure you have the rest of third lake, second and first to get to O.F., then all of fourth to get to inlet.... granted 4th is much larger. heard the lakers were doing well in 4th.
    unfortunately the pike have taken over around there, we've caught upwards of 44 inches right off the dock and seen muskie swimming the surface in the bay. i've been going there for over 30 yrs and never seen it like that. bass are getting large too!
    bears are doing well and getting large, seen the largest deer cross 28 just over by 7th lake this past fall.
    honestly just too damn far to drive from over here in maine.
    York, Maine

sorry to bump it up, but i did go to adriondacks. I went by the tug hill took about 6 hours to go coming from brooklyn. I went with two other hunters and a dog. The dog isn't trained but was running and sniffing all over. We did see tracks but no luck maybe because there was too much snow? about 2ft on ground