Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - HC Window Decals

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woman Menstruation Attracting Deer

Default Woman Menstruation Attracting Deer

I understand this may be a strange topic, but I've heard both pro and con about a woman's scent during her menstrual cycle attracting deer.

I even know hunters that have taken their wives along with them for that specific purpose.

Then, I've read articles that say this is nothing but a myth, and that the studies show there is no basis in truth for this being the case (including bear attacks).

After some research, I, myself, do not believe there is a connection, but I have friends that are still keen to the idea.

Has anyone else heard of a woman's menstrual cycle being used as a deer lure, or do I just hang out with a motley crew? Thx!

I remember reading someone who said you should collect teh used feminine napkins and place them as an attractant. I am sure that may have been considered just cause for divorce in some cases.

I heard it but I have no interest in trying it

Hmm, yes but I hear that chanel #5 is better... big buck just can't resist it!

Looking at this situation more scholarly, I would say that maybe this would even repel deer. Some sort of foreign scent may do the opposite. In fact, I know of a hunter who told me that all the deer lures, scents, ect all chase deer away. A dominant buck knows the does that live in his domain. Something out of place will drive them away or make them very cautious.

Default der lures

thats just sick for even thinking about doing that

Just think about this for a second .......

Ok, thats long enough.

I think the last thing you want to have along on a hunting trip is your wife when shes having her period ! Regardless of how it affects the deer.

Am I right ? or am I right ?

The best example of luring in a Buck, was done by an old (not so) French Canadian. He found a scrape while scouting in July, so he pissed on it!, He went back every week and did the same! The scrape grew in size! He really pissed off that buck! On opening day of Bow season he did the same, this time he moved and got into cover about 20 yards away! Guess what! One big buck in the freezer! JP

jpatternsonnh

That is true u can urinate in a scrape and attract deer only if u dont take any medication. Also if u dont want to use ur urine u can also go to cow farms and collect the urine out of those piss ponds sorry i dont know what there called. I do know that goats go crazy or at least one i knew did when he smelt his owners wife when she was on her period. We are all animals if are urine attracts deer why wouldnt a girls period??? I personally wouldnt try it though and wouldnt even think about bringing my gf hunting one she doesnt like it and two she would get on my nerves.

Default Re: Woman Menstruation Attracting Deer

Originally posted by hoosierguy76
    I understand this may be a strange topic, but I've heard both pro and con about a woman's scent during her menstrual cycle attracting deer.

I even know hunters that have taken their wives along with them for that specific purpose.
    That would make for a pleasant morning.....