Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - HC Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you grunt/ bleat/ rattle?

Default How often do you grunt/ bleat/ rattle?

do you do it every 15 mins? only when you see deer? or what im lost. i dont wanna make the deer skitish by calling too much. how often do you call?

Default grunt

I have never had luick grunting. I know guys swear by it. I must do something wrong. I am a true believer of the Bleat...Have luck with does and bucks... I just throw a bleat out at random. Also when I see um..

The owner at Illusion recommends spacing your calling out. He also recommends that when bleat that you only bleat once, maybe twice at the most and wait a while. I'll burn a copy of his DVD and try to get it to you Joe, he gives some good advice not only on how to call but also under what circumstances.
    www.groundedfilms.com
    www.facebook.com/GroundedFilmsOutdoors
    Northeast Hunting videos and pictures.

MY GRUNTING DEPENDS ON WHAT I'VE HAD FOR BREAKFAST. Then I usually have no control as to how often I grunt.
    http://users.rcn.com/moxie1884/Terry%233.JPGTerry

What This Country Needs Is More MOXIE!!!!!
    Commit Thy Work To God
    Hunting is part of the heartbeat of life, without it, life is not the same.
    My heart belongs to my family, but my soul belongs to the woods

thanks jaime .

I've been told that more fiber in your diet will help alleviate that grunting.:)

In all seriousness I've had pretty good luck rattling.

I tried this, it's the first time it's ever worked and probably never will again. Last year I snapped a pesky twig while stillhunting, sounded like a 22 going off. A deer blasted away, snorting and making a mess of things. I sat down and said oh yeah, you think you can blow out my spot, watch this. So I did the loudest rattling thing you can imagine. Gave myself 15 minutes and was going to just walk through the next 300 yards or so and get back into some undisturbed deer, hopefully. At the 14 minute mark (it seemed like two hours) I started slowly picking up my stuff. I look up and there is a seven pointer hunting me. First deer I've taken when not technically stillhunting or tracking. Probably not good advice, but I was pissed at myself for snapping that twig. You can bet I'll have my rattling sticks with me this year. Having a deer hunt you is way cool.

I believe it may have more to do with the area and the circumstances surrounding it. On some private land where deer aren't pressured too much it may work to call in general but in places with heavy pressure it may work against you.

I noticed that I did call in one buck last season on private land in Connecticut. We had little hunting pressure and the property where the buck came from is owned by someone who does not allow hunting on it. ( CT requires written permission on private land). So I don't believe this buck was pressured when compared to a buck that is hunted on a peice of public land in Massachusetts.

I believe in the latter a doe bleat once in a while may be the way to go. One bleat every half hour or so. Last season I did that and had a fork horn peek through some laurels at 45 yards distant.

ok well what about using scents? when do you start using scents?

From what I've been hearing, now!
    www.groundedfilms.com
    www.facebook.com/GroundedFilmsOutdoors
    Northeast Hunting videos and pictures.