Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - HC Window Decals

Thread: Buck neck swelling

Default Buck neck swelling

The question is ...what really takes place to cause a bucks neck etc. to swell during the rut?This past season my younger brother shot a real nice 8 pt buck.The deer was with a couple of does at the time and was clearly in the rut.His neck was extremely puffed/swelled and evened his face.So how does this process take place? We all know it happens but how? Thx in advance. cheers
    Have cast iron skillet will travel.

It's all related to The deers rising testosterone level.
    When his testosterone level rises, his whole attitude changes making him do things he wouldn't do normaly. These things he is doing now you may know better as "rut activity".
    While engaged in rut activity, he is actually "working out", rubbing, scraping, sparring, and at times full blown battles.
    Combined with a good nutritional food source, he will transform himself into a prize fighter, For his weight class.
    My two cents.
    Follow your dreams, especially if your dreams are leaving tracks in a fresh 6 in. snowfall!

Thx..Lil John for your explanation.It sure is a unusual phenomenon isn't it.This one must of been expecting to go for the world title the shape he was in.
    Have cast iron skillet will travel.

I have a ? to add on this subject... Will a 1&1/2 year old buck's neck swell significantly? I have been told both yes & no.