PDA

View Full Version : Woodchucks...

DeerMeadowFarm
08-18-2006, 12:22 PM
I have woodchucks. I'm thinking of using my recurve to dispatch some. Are broadheads nescessary?

UltraTec
08-18-2006, 08:10 PM
I have woodchucks. I'm thinking of using my recurve to dispatch some. Are broadheads nescessary?[/b]

nope - but they do blow a nice hole in them.

Try the G5 Small game heads or an expandable

DeerMeadowFarm
08-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Try the G5 Small game heads or an expandable[/b]

I shoot a recurve with cedar arrows, can you get the game heads in a glue-on?

lab44
08-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Arrows and broadheads---this sounds like an EXPENSIVE way to get rid of woodchucks. http://www.huntingchat.net/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_smile.gif

DeerMeadowFarm
08-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Arrows and broadheads---this sounds like an EXPENSIVE way to get rid of woodchucks. http://www.huntingchat.net/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_smile.gif[/b]

That&#39;s why I was not wanting to use broadheads... My wife isn&#39;t much on shooting stuff; especially something I ain&#39;t gonna eat so woodchuck removal usually takes place when she isn&#39;t around which isn&#39;t very often. The few times I&#39;m home alone the woodchucks stay hidden; around the time she returns they come out into the fields...bastards...

Anyway, that&#39;s why I&#39;m leaning towards the silent approach...

lab44
08-21-2006, 12:07 PM
That&#39;s why I was not wanting to use broadheads... My wife isn&#39;t much on shooting stuff; especially something I ain&#39;t gonna eat so woodchuck removal usually takes place when she isn&#39;t around which isn&#39;t very often. The few times I&#39;m home alone the woodchucks stay hidden; around the time she returns they come out into the fields...bastards...

Anyway, that&#39;s why I&#39;m leaning towards the silent approach...[/b]

I know what your talking about. My wife yells at me for shooting those little varmints from the bedroom window. They make holes all through the pasture. One of these days a horse is gonna break a leg in one of those damned holes. My cousin has a jack russell terrier that loves to hunt woodchuck, we send him out in the field and watch him disappear in hole. There is a lot of snarling and growling and then usually he drags one out. It&#39;s quite comical to watch.