PDA

View Full Version : Kisser button

tduffy
08-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Buddy of mine came over to the house to do some shooting yesterday. He asked me why I don't have a kisser on the string. I said that my bow has a newer peepsite.
He said I should get a kisser like he has. He has the tube style on his string. He got me into hunting and he does help me a lot so I didn't want to argue. Plus now I'm not sure myself. lol
Do you need a kisser with a rear peep? I didn't think so. I mean I'm pretty comfortable now.
Thanks http://www.huntingchat.net/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_question.gif

arlow
08-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Typically a kisser is used when not using a peep. You could use one just to get a secondary reference point if you wanted. It cant really hurt as long as it is set right to not screw you up. I place the fletch in the corner of my mouth and the string on my nose so that kind of acts like the same thing.

hornz
08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
I use a kisser, but no peep sight. When I draw, the kisser is in the corner of my mouth, the string is on my nose and when I look at my pins, they are just beside the string. One problem some shooters have trying it this way is that with no peep, they tend to shoot eratically left to right. I have shot this way for the last 12 years, so I am used to it.

UltraTec
08-09-2006, 06:19 AM
The guys who posted already are on the right track. A kisser button is basically just one more reference point in your draw. It's definitely not "REQUIRED." Are you having any problems with your form being inconsistent? If you are shooting well and grouping consistently, I wouldn't change a darn thing....

BearHunter
08-09-2006, 06:36 AM
in very low light situations it may be difficult to see thru your peep clearly.
I have both on my bow and practice shooting with and without the peep. When hunting my first choice is always the peep but I did take a nice doe using only the kisser one early morning.

shawn_in_MA
08-09-2006, 08:44 AM
I only use a peep and the string to the tip of my nose. I used a Kisser a LONG time ago but got away from it. If I could only choose one it would DEFINITELY be a peep.

badfisherman
08-09-2006, 02:52 PM
dont use one, dont need one!! actually it would probably do me some good. the problem is i see so many people that use them use them improperly. they practice with perfect form and then when it comes time to make the shot hunting you see them stretching their lips to find the button,redering it useless. just like dropping your arm instead of bending at the waist.

UltraTec
08-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by badfisherman
just like dropping your arm instead of bending at the waist.

Thats a great comment BF, and something every treestand hunter should be aware and conscious of when making their shot!

tduffy
08-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks guys, you all confirmed what I learned too. My buddy swears by his kisser. I have a peep. So thats fine
My shots I think are fine for a two year shooter. My up and down is usually right on at 20 yards. My left to right is usually grouped pretty good. I mean I'm no expert but I can hold my own. At least not bad enough to where I wana start changing things.
Thanks,
Hey anybody use those newer rear sights that are attatched to the front site? Just curious if it's worth the change having nothing on the string. They look kinda neat

Wells Bowhunter67
08-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Yup all good points here....

I use one ...I started with one on my first Bow and it's just something I cant Break....Another achor point for me that I 'm comfortable with..

UltraTec
08-09-2006, 06:56 PM
I know I hate installing those things sometimes. The companies always give you these crappy nocksets to crimp around them, and a standard nockset doesn't fit. I usually end up serving them in, which can be a pain as well.

Wells Bowhunter67
08-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by UltraTec
I know I hate installing those things sometimes. The companies always give you these crappy nocksets to crimp around them, and a standard nockset doesn't fit. I usually end up serving them in, which can be a pain as well.

Keith can you bring some Loop String...I'll need a new Loop by then...Can you tie one on for me?

UltraTec
08-09-2006, 07:45 PM
absolutely..I always travel with a mobile bow shop.....press included!

Wells Bowhunter67
08-09-2006, 07:53 PM
absolutely..I always travel with a mobile bow shop.....press included!

Good Deal...thats nice to know!

UltraTec
08-09-2006, 08:18 PM
If theres anything else you need me to bring for accessories or equipment, just let me know and i'll pack it.

Wells Bowhunter67
08-09-2006, 08:28 PM
If theres anything else you need me to bring for accessories or equipment, just let me know and i'll pack it.

That 80 lb E -Force http://www.huntingchat.net/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_lol.gif http://www.huntingchat.net/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_lol.gif

UltraTec
08-09-2006, 08:41 PM
I'll tell you what...we got 3 Elites in last week in addition to that one...sold all of them already!

Wells Bowhunter67
08-09-2006, 08:44 PM
I'll tell you what...we got 3 Elites in last week in addition to that one...sold all of them already!

HAve you shot them??

UltraTec
08-09-2006, 08:53 PM
oh yeah, I posted a review in a thread last week

Wells Bowhunter67
08-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Oh yes that's right...Thanks