PDA

View Full Version : new bow troubles update

badfisherman
05-16-2006, 06:32 AM
have been shooting a lot of bows and am leaning towards the trykon, have decided to take the grip on my stealth off and replace with a high wrist grip more like what i am used to. maybe this will solve the problem and i wont have to spend a bunch more money. unbelievable how hard it is to sell a used bow.

UltraTec
05-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Let us know how you make out with the new grip.

Unfortunately if it doesn't say Hoyt, Mathews or Bowtech...the secondary market is a tough selling place.

Bowhunter65
05-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Hey Badfisherman,
Good to hear your getting close to a Hoyt! Great bow! Noticed you mentioned a high wrist grip on your bow. These are extremely hard to get consistant hand placement on, could be part of your problem.

You should try shooting a low grip, even if it feels weird at first, tune the bow and see how you group.
I changed about 15 yrs ago, made a huge difference. Good Luck BH65

UltraTec
05-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Badfisherman...take a look at this thread, might help you with your grip:

http://www.huntingchat.net/viewtopic.php?t=4013

badfisherman
05-27-2006, 06:16 AM
have changed the side plates on my bow to two smoothpanel plates and am shooting better. am still trying to find a solid one piece similar to the hoyt grips but am not having much luck finding one that fits. right getting my confidence back with this bow is the biggest obstacle i need to overcome. hopefully will be back to form pretty soon. thanks for all the advice.