PDA

View Full Version : Elite Archery

UltraTec
03-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Has anyone shot an Elite bow yet? We just took them on as a new line. They are a brand new company headed by Kevin Strother (a co-founder of Bowtech and the inventor of the Binary Cam system) and his wife Kate Robinson (The Martin Archery Girl). They have some pretty neat designs and are boasting some high speeds, especially on their 90 & 100lb bows...LOL! They are offering some aftermarket cams for other bows as well.

We should have them in a couple weeks and we'll be checking them out big time! I'll let everyone know what we think of them. We're giving them a try, kind of like we tried Whisper Creek last year. They could be a good compliment to our Hoyt & Mathews lines.

http://www.elitearchery.com

badfisherman
03-31-2006, 06:13 AM
wish you werent so far away i'd like to check those out. do they have anything ready other than the e500?

badfisherman
03-31-2006, 06:16 AM
forgot somethin, do these come with the binary cams? if so what do you think might be some future problems with the cam lean? my allegiance has some pretty good lean, shoots good but am concerned with limb twist in the future.

bbahunter
03-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Badfisherman,
On another forum, they had pictures of the Elite.
From the pictures, the cam lean looks non existant compared to the Bowtechs.
The Elite line also uses Barnsdale limbs, not solid glass like bowtech does.
The bow also comes with a Elites STS system.
I understand your concern on the cam/ limb twist, that is why i did not end up buying a bowtech tribute, it was really bad on that bow.
From what they said in the thread, the Elites are faster than comparable
bowtechs, but the Elite smooth modules, feel like bowtech fast modules.

UltraTec
03-31-2006, 05:22 PM
I'll be able to tell better once we get them in...I really don't have much experience with Bowtechs, either. Basically it's a good chance to get in on the ground floor with them, and we have a protected territory now. Hopefully it will be worth the investment and we'll have another winner of a bow line!

Their STS system looks pretty decent, we ordered some of those, too.
I'm really happy with the STS as it performs on my Trykon. Always gotta try something new! My brother will be shooting one of the 90 lbers....I'll stick with 70 if I end up liking them! LOL