PDA

View Full Version : everyone forgotten about archery?

badfisherman
03-21-2006, 08:19 PM
i'm pretty much the only one that is posting lately, whats up?

UltraTec
03-21-2006, 10:30 PM
I haven't forgotten...just too busy selling bows!!!

We had our final night of Winter Archery League tonight...Our banquet is Saturday...plenty of steak and beer for all of our shooters!

I'm always up for Q&A about archery...lets get it rolling!!!

12 ring
03-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Dead time of year I'm here every day just running out of mouth ammo. Or in this case finger ammo. Mike

Bowhunter65
03-22-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm still here too, I've been tuning up my Hoyt Cybertec. Unfortunately I had a splintered limb at the end of season, Hoyt stood behind it. I had a full set of limbs in two weeks.
So with new limbs and all new Winner's Choice strings I tuned it up. Perfect bullet holes through paper! Did my first 3d shoot of the season on Sunday, after the shoot I was clean & lubing the bow... found the lower limb with another sliver coming off it. That sucked only 100 arrows through the bow too. So back to the Pro Shop, they ordered another set of limbs, so I'll be retuning again after the next set of limbs show up.
BH65

badfisherman
03-22-2006, 07:02 PM
sorry to hear about your bow problems, that sounds unusual for hoyt but at least their fixing it. hope you get it staitened out by hunting season.

shawn_in_MA
03-23-2006, 09:23 AM
BH65...that is too bad. Of all the Hoyt's I shot over the years I only had one limb crack. They very rarely have a problem with their XT limbs

12 ring
03-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Well 65 I think its time to get a Matthews. Sorry for your problems at least its happening now and not in the middle of the season. Mike

Bowhunter65
03-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Yea I'm not too happy that the limbs split again, and I need to retune everything again... Hopefully it will tune-up easy like the first time, I've never had a problem getting this Hoyt to send a clean arrow.
As far as buying a Mathews, I almost bought a Trykon! I was a Mathews shooter and turned too Hoyt when I bought my Cybertec 4 yrs ago.
I owned a MQ32 & MQ1. Loved'em, but the LX turned me away from Mathews, I've tried the Switchback, not too impressed.
Mathews made great strides with their Single cam bows, then Hoyt came out with the Cam & 1/2, and now Mathews is playing catch-up. That's what's Hot now. Who knows what's next? A lot of great bows today, if I buy new it will be between the Hoyt & Bowtech.
Just my opinion. BH65

badfisherman
03-23-2006, 06:55 PM
bh65, i ahree with ya on the bowtechs!! they are an amazing bow, i've shot the allegiance enough that it feels like part of me, unfortunately they wont let me leave the store with it until i part with some other parts of me.

badfisherman
03-23-2006, 07:01 PM
bh65, check out the new illusion b4 you buy, you wont be disappointed.

eddiejohn4
04-05-2006, 11:46 PM
im still shooting at least twice a week.I do not post much here I have run out of things to talk about.