PDA

View Full Version : Hoyt Trykon

Wells Bowhunter67
12-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Picked up new Trykon tonight,. Very Nice! Couldnt refuse at 100$ off.
Have a Hoyt Razortec for sale. If anybodys interested? Email Me!

http://www.hoyt.com/images/splashGlamour.jpg

Posted
12-02-2005, 07:28 AM
What did you get the new one for? How about the info. on your other Hoyt?

Wells Bowhunter67
12-02-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Posted_??
What did you get the new one for? How about the info. on your other Hoyt?

You Mean How Much$$$???

My Hoyt Razortec is a 70lb 27.5 -30 Draw Tec Riser Cam and 1/2 Will come with a Schaffer Drop away Rest and a Bow Gear Trapper 3 pin Sight
String Loop and String Peep No Rubber aligner. I have a 2 piece Quiver on it which I was going to put on the Trykon but if any body wants it we can talk about it

Bowhunter65
12-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Nice Bow BH67,
I'm kind of kicking myself today, but I'll live. To anyone interested in His Razortec Bow, it's in Mint shape! Buy It, you won't be sorry. BH65

bigbuck
12-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Wells
Did you shoot the Mathews XT at all before you bought the Trykon? It looks like a nice bow but I am skeptical about the cam and a 1/2 design. Is there any special tuning that you need to do once the string streches to keep both cams inline?
I am still torn between the Trykon and the New Switchback XT.

Wells Bowhunter67
12-03-2005, 02:43 PM
The String is the New Fuse String that is pe strected at 700lbs then relaxed and restrected at 400lbs then relaxed. The Hoyt rep gave us the low down on this string and there will not be any String Stretch!

This bow is excellent. I shot it for quite awhile at this Hoyt Preview night. And I was the last to buy it. So I looked at everything

You wont be sorry with this new trykon. You dont even feel it go off in your hand. Very smooth 3 Adjustments on the type of wall you like. 3 Different grips you can put on this riser.

Big buck I been shooting this cam and 1/2 for 3 yrs in a Razortec and Havent had 1 problem. The group of guys I shoot with all soot the Cam and 1/2 and have had the same results,
You wont be sorry!

bigbuck
12-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Wells
Do you know the IBO for the trykon?

Wells Bowhunter67
12-03-2005, 02:51 PM

Wells Bowhunter67
12-03-2005, 02:58 PM
http://www.hoytusa.com/

bigbuck
12-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks I am going to check out the site. I think I am sold on the Mathews though. Probably because they are so well known. I like the solo cam idea but I am going to try they trykon before I buy anything. WHere did you get yours?

Wells Bowhunter67
12-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I had A Mathews Legacy before I Got my Hoyt Razor Tec

http://www.briansarchery.com

In Rochester NH

Flatlander
12-03-2005, 10:16 PM
I bought my first bow, a Hoyt Dynatec, last year. I shot it a lot practicing. I took it back to the shop this spring to have it checked over before I started practicing. The pro said everything was still perfect. The cam and a half system is very snooth. Mathews or Hoyt,I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Wells Bowhunter67
12-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Weight update for the Trykon. I tried to find on th web and there catalog.
Couldn't find so I called--- 4.5lbs on the Trykon Compared to my Razortec 4.1lbs

Wells Bowhunter67
12-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Salt Lake City, Utah, November 2005 – Every revolution starts with a spark for change. For something different. With Trykon, the engineers of Hoyt wanted to push the evolution of archery by completely redefining and redesigning every aspect of the bow. And there was no better time to do this than 2006, Hoyt’s 75th Anniversary.
They started with three specific objectives: substantially reduce noise, eliminate vibrational energy and increase speed. It was a tall order, but in the end, they did just that by building a machine, with every part of the machine functioning at the highest level of performance.
It started by combining a longer Advanced TEC Riser with Hoyt’s new exclusive Parallel Split Limb Technology, the combination of short limb travel with vibration canceling limbs that are horizontally opposed. The result was an incredibly quiet and recoil-free shot. Shot noise was further reduced by 5 full decibels and vibrational energy was reduced 15% by incorporating Hoyt’s new RizerShox directly in to the riser and utilizing FUSE Custom Strings with StringShox. Speed was increased by an average of over 10 feet per second by combining the shorter 5-layer laminated parallel split limbs with the new Zephyr Cam & ½ System specifically engineered for blistering speed while maintaining an extremely smooth draw that is easy to hold. The Zephyr Cam & ½ also utilizes a sealed ball bearing system maintaining ultimate consistency, durability and accuracy in any condition.
Together, the design goals and objectives were not only met, but exceeded,making Trykon the ultimate bowhunting machine. To see, hear and feel the difference, shoot a Trykon today at a local Hoyt retailer near you.

Trykon Specs:
Reflex geometry: 1 ¾”
Axle to axle: 33”
Brace height: 7”
Draw weight (Hunting): 40-80#
Draw weight (Target): 40-80#
Mass weight: 4.5 lb.
Speed: 316 fps

Trykon XL Specs:
Reflex geometry: 1 ¾”
Axle to axle: 36”
Brace height: 7 ½”
Draw weight (Hunting): 40-80#
Draw weight (Target): 40-80#
Mass weight: 4.7 lb.
Speed: 314 fps

Trykon is available in the standard 33-inch axle-to-axle configuration or the longer Trykon XL with a 36-inch axle to axle length. Both models feature a commemorative 75th Anniversary medallion to celebrate Hoyt’s 75 years of dedication to engineering and quality craftsmanship

UltraTec
12-06-2005, 11:18 AM
If anyone is interested in shooting either of the Trykons, feel free to stop in and check them out! We have a regular one and an XL ready to shoot!

Wells Bowhunter67
12-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Picked up my new Trykon today .Got it dialed in at 20 yards ..Nice Bow! 27.5 draw 287fps on the Chrono

UltraTec
12-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey Wells!
My Trykon just came in today. I haven't decided what I am going to shoot for a rest and sight this year. I am headed to the ATA show in Atlanta in 2 weeks, so I'll get to see all of the new products then. It should be an interesting time!

Wells Bowhunter67
12-21-2005, 09:20 PM
You'll Love shootin that Bow! I put a Vital Bow Gear Site 3 pin and Schaffer rest . Have you seen those Schaffers?

UltraTec
12-22-2005, 09:07 AM
I saw one a few weeks ago on a customer's bow. I haven't tried one yet.
I can't wait to see the exhibits and demos at the ATA show...its supposed to be unbelievable!

Wells Bowhunter67
12-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Try One you'll like it!

Wells Bowhunter67
12-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Here you go here is video I did of the Schaffer on My Razortec

http://www.huntingchat.net/viewtopic.php?t=1874