PDA

View Full Version : Rubber boot conditioner

NH-Archer
04-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Ok, I have already lost a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly Sports because they dry-rotted. So, on my second pair, I decided to get some "conditioner" that restores the rubber and keeps them from dry-rotting. I stopped by Kittery Trading Post and ask they guy in the boot dept. if they had any. He looked at my very strangely and said, "just use Armor-all!!" I thought that was silly, for some reason. He then showed me how they have it written on all the new boots for "care". So, not good enough for me.... I went online and purchased the "conditioner" from Lacrosse. $13.95 + $5 for shipping. Well, I recieved it yesterday, got out the boots, read the directions and sprayed, what ended up to be Armor-all!!!!! WTF!!!!!! That's the best $18.95 I have ever spent on what I have on the shelf already. :mad:
Just for the record, do this to your boots and let them sit overnight and will last much longer. I hope this helps someone, as it taught me a lesson.

Tracksoup
04-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Mo, how long have you had these boots and where do you store them? I have owned dozens of pairs of Lacrosse and never had this issue. I generally wear the heals out first or spring a leak ater a couple of years. I am very hard on them, and they seem to take a beating well. I store them in my basement when I am not using them not sure if the dampness helps.

NH-Archer
04-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Tracksoup, I think because they are the "Alpha Burlys" which are imported, don't have the same rubber as the original Lacrosse boots. I store them in my dry basement.

DeerMeadowFarm
04-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Mine dry out as well and tend to crack on the top of my foot at the ankle joint. In fact, both my pairs have inner tube patches on them at that location.

Never thought of armor-all...what a great idea! I do have to ask though...a lot of folks here are adamant about scent-elimination...what do you think armor all will do? Adverse affect or no affect at all?

Maybe, it turns out to be a deer attractant! Wouldn't that be the cat's meow?! :D

NH-Archer
04-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Scent was the issue I had with the guy from Kittery, until I got the conditioner from Lacrosse. They also suggest to let them sit over night, maybe for the scent to go away??? I don't know....

Tracksoup
04-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Tracksoup, I think because they are the "Alpha Burlys" which are imported, don't have the same rubber as the original Lacrosse boots. I store them in my dry basement.

All mine have been the alpha burley sports also.

RustyD
04-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Ok, ended up to be Armor-all!!!!! WTF!!!!!! That's the best $18.95 I have ever spent on what I have on the shelf already. :mad:

:redface:Stinks but it is funny

jpattersonnh
04-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Pimp my Boots!

bigrak
04-18-2010, 02:27 AM
My boots rot also and I have Gallons of Amor all . :rolleyes:

Big Stubby
04-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the tip.