PDA

View Full Version : Im glad I decided to try this again

SwampBuck
09-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Even if I dont get into bowhunting full fledged, I am enjoying shooting my bow again. I am trying to get a little more consistent shooting, 1 issue I am having is, my grouping is nice but inconsistent, I am shooting at about 20yds(pendulum sight) I usually hit within 2-3 inches of each shot, but 1 grouping I will hit high other bulleyes, other left, but the grouping is tight. What could I be doing? Opener is Thursday, I hope to get out a few hours, but that all depends on how comfortable I get with the treestand and harness. Thanks for all the help you guys have given me.

arlow
09-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Sounds like an inconsistant anchor point to me or another small form flaw . Your form will get better and better as you practice and become more aware of these little flaws. In turn as you tweak those little flaws your inconsistancies will dissapear.

UltraTec
09-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey Swampbuck,
As Arlow said above, you're probably having a few inconsistencies in your draw/hold/release cycle. One of the most important aspects of a proper shooting cycle is to have consistent REPEATABLE form.

How many points of contact are you using? By points of contact I am referring to any or all of the following - peep sight, consistent anchor point, nose touching string, vane touching cheek, kisser button, etc. I would recommend a minimum of 3 points of contact.

If you want to PM or email me, I can give you more detailed instruction in form and shooting cycle, especially on consistent bow arm position and trigger release. This goes for anyone else also.

Keith

arlow
09-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by UltraTec
Hey Swampbuck,

How many points of contact are you using? By points of contact I am referring to any or all of the following - peep sight, consistent anchor point, nose touching string, vane touching cheek, kisser button, etc. *I would recommend a minimum of 3 points of contact. *

Keith

excellent point, I use nose on string, vane in corner of mouth, and the peep.

shawn_in_MA
09-12-2005, 09:26 AM
sounds like an anchor point or more likely a grip problem to me. As with anything else in archery you must grip the bow the same way with EVERY shot or you will see lots of lefts and rights.

djohns73
10-03-2005, 12:03 AM
I was doing the same thing and figured out it's the way I release. Sometimes my hand holding the bow jerks when I release and sometimes I have my trigger turned a bit different each time. But, if I REALLY REALLY concentrate on every shot, I can do it perfectly. D Johns

bowhunter1968
10-06-2005, 07:32 PM
goodlcuk and stick with it.

lonewolf04422
10-07-2005, 09:06 PM
If u r shooting broadheads u may need new ones. Saw it on a bear hunting show the guy shot at two bears and both times missed he went to a store got new broadheads and he was dead on.