PDA

View Full Version : The Bigger Rush!!!!

Bill/NH
08-29-2005, 03:41 PM
I was just wondering what everyone thought about what is more exciting to them, shooting a deer from a treestand or shooting one from the ground? Each has its own excitement, up in a tree you usually see the deer from a distance and playing the waiting game for the deer to get in a good enough position will definitely get your heart pumping. Down on the ground the action seems like its on you before you know it and have to come up with split decisions real quick. Both styles are very exciting, but I have to say being at the same eye level as my quarry gives me the bigger rush. Bill

nbbucks
08-30-2005, 03:55 AM
I have always hunted deer with my bow from a tree. This year I'm going to try the ground thing once in awhile. I know it's a rush with a gun so with a bow it shouldn't be any different.

bowhunter1968
08-30-2005, 09:23 AM
the GROUND i love it i wouldnt have it any other way what a rush.

Bill/NH
09-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Normally I hunt on the ground, tommorrow I am hanging another treestand. I'll have 2 treestands out, it has been 5 years since I've had 2 out and the same since I killed a deer in one. I'm gong to give it a shot for a few days, there is just one tree in a certain hedgerow for a stand and it is right next to the trail I've been seeing deer use almost all the time at night in the last month. Bill

jpattersonnh
09-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Ground, always. JP